RestaurantsBologna is recognised as the gastronomic capital of Italy, with typical dishes such as tortellini, tortelloni, tagliatelle al ragù, mortadella, and many others. Here is a short (and far from comprehensive) list of restaurants close to Aule Ercolani (at most fifteen minutes walking).
- Centro Natura. A self-service restaurant, both organic and vegetarian where you can taste high quality and creative cuisine with daily variations. Dishes are prepared with a 100% certified organic ingredients.
- Estravagario. A fair trade bar and organic restaurant in the center of Bologna. Estrvagario menu is based on local biological ingredients and certified organic products.
- Trattoria da Francesco. If you want to eat something different from the local Bolognese cuisine you can try da Francesco's southern Italian (Sicilian) dishes.
- Ristorante da Matusel. Next to the university area, da Matusel offers a bolognese traditional menu at lunch time and sicilian seafood specialties at dinner time.
- Osteria Broccaindosso. Highly recommended if you want to try traditional bolognese cuisine.
- Pizzeria Il Sellaio. A Pizzeria. Pizzas are reasonably priced and delicious. They also offer a good set salads, vegetables, and deserts.
- Trattoria Annamaria. A Trattoria bolognese offering dishes from the bolognese culinary tradition. The cuisine is genuine and rough with completely handmade fresh pasta. A good place for trying tagliatelle al ragù.
- To Steki. A conveniently located greek restaurant, which also offers a good set of vegetarian options.